- 1 1/2 cup of Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, French Beans, Bell Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms)
- 2 cups of Chopped Paneer
- 1/2 cup of Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green spring onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 3 slit thai green chilies
- 1 cup cubed bell pepper
- 1 cup cubed onions
- 2-3 cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup white corn
- 1 cup French fries
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Rice
- Put 1 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- After the oil becomes hot, add cilantro, garlic, corn and sauté for a minute.
- After a minute add the cooked rice, salt pepper and sauté for three more minutes. Keep rice on the side.
For the Vegetables
- Take 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- After the oil becomes hot, add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add all the mix vegetables, salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Don’t over cook the vegetables as we need the vegetables to be crisp. Keep them aside.
For the Paneer
- Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a pan.
- After the oil becomes hot, add ginger, garlic, green chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add soya sauce and sugar and saute for 30 seconds.
- Take cornflour in a cup and add 3 tablespoons of water and put prepare a cornflour slurry.
- Add this slurry into the vegetables, add 1 cup of water, salt and pepper and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- When the gravy thickens, add the paneer pieces and chopped spring onions on top. Cook for 1 minute and keep aside.
To Assemble the Sizzler
- Heat a pan and add 2 to 3 cabbage leaves until they start to become brown.
- Add some butter and start placing the sautéed vegetables, rice, the paneer chili on the rice, fries and the sauce all around this pan.
- Add some cheese on the fries and take the pan off the stove. Now your dish is ready to eat.
Tips: Get frozen French fries and bake them in the oven. They are quick & easy to use. They taste great. Or we like the fries from Luna grill! We used Gopi paneer from the Indian grocery store.Char the cabbage leaves till they turn brown.Use garlic generously. It enhances the flavor of the sizzler.